Women who wish to get their body waxed at home prefer DIY bikini hair removal. However, it is important to know the right procedure to reap the maximum benefits. Read the following lines to enlighten yourself with the process of doing DIY bikini hair removal at home in the right way.
1) The very first thing one need to do is to get the best waxing kit available in the market. A simple research to understand the ingredients and the date of manufacturing of the waxing kits is necessary. It is advised to use hard wax as many a times the bikini line comprises of coarse hairs
2) The most important thing one needs to notice before waxing hair is that the hair should be 1/4 inch in length. Shorter hair become difficult to pull. Most of the times, hair are longer than the mentioned average length. In such cases, it is advised to trim the hair.
3) Thirdly, the skin part that needs to be waxed should be cleaned with soap and dried completely. Many kits provide pre-wax cleanser. It helps in cleaning the pores of the skin, leaving fewer chances of infections. Many kits have pre-epilation oils. However, care should be taken that this suits your skin types.
4) The process needs some precautionary methods before you get it applied on the hands or body. Make a point to apply wax on the most non-affected area first.
5) Apply wax on the area and pull it off. Make sure that you pull it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
6) After the whole process, you can consider using tweezers to remove the left over unwanted hair, which remains during this treatment.
7) Many a times, wax remover does not leave behind any residue or unwanted hair. Hence, the above treatment is effective.
8) After this is done, clean the area with water. Dry it completely and apply lotion. Generally, calamine or aloe vera is effective lotions that do not cause any side effects at all.
9) Moreover, try wearing undergarments or clothes that do not cause any itching or allergies to your waxed body.
10) Later exfoliate the bikini area, which has been waxed. This should be done delicately so that it does not cause any rashes or skin infections to the area.
Many prefer waxing their hands or body at salons or spas. Some find it difficult and many do not have the right knowledge to get this hair removal treatment by themselves at home. It might surprise you, but bikini wax treatment can be done at home.